Oh my gosh where do I begin? It’s been super, super, SUPER busy at #CampScatico, which is how it should be! July is FLYING by, and so much happens so quickly it’s hard to document it all. Here is a list, in no particular order, of some of my favorite camp moments.
1. The first tribal campfire! What a day that was. It brought back so many memories of when I was a camper. (In many ways it felt like I had never left!) The campfire kicks off a 3-week competition of four teams: Flying Eagle (green), Blazing Arrow (red), Racing Wine (yellow) and Thunderbolt (blue). FYI: In my day it was a 4-week competition, but camp is a week shorter now. 😦
2. The Girls’ NAT tournament! There are tournaments for many sports, but the basketball tournament has always been a big deal. My friend Patti’s daughter won MVP, which made it extra special. #nextgeneration
3. Camp visiting day. Okay, so this day was really stressful for me, but so memorable and worth it. David asked me to prepare samples of what the kids had been making. Needless to say, this involved a lot of prep and a lot of cleanup, but it did allow me to show off a bit! It was cool to meet the campers’ family, too– the ones I didn’t already know! #nextgenerationagain
4. The 4th of July BBQ, talent show and fireworks. Feel free to disagree with me here, but 4th of July in New York City is no fun. Even if you make it to a really awesome party, say, at Top of the Garden right in midtown, the crowds make this holiday totally overwhelming. Getting anywhere is a nightmare. The streets are full of drunk people, it’s way too hot, there’s no place to picnic… ugh. This year the 4th was fun again. I loved being surrounded by campers, reveling in old memories and creating new ones.
5. My cabin, or more specifically, my bed. Every night. ‘Nuff said.