So we told you all these fun facts about peaches, and we told you how to properly pit a peach, but now we have something even better….our favorite peach recipes. We have everything from sweet to savory, so check it out and start cooking!
Peach and Blueberry Crumble
- 2 pounds firm, ripe peaches (6 to 8 peaches)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (1/2 pint)
For the crumble:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare four 6 – 8 oz ramekins.
2. Peel the peaches and cut into slices.
3. Put slices in a large bowl. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and flour.
4. Toss until all the peaches are coated.
5. Gently mix in blueberries.
6. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes while you make the crumble.
1. Place flour, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
2. Add melted butter a little at a time and mix until the mixture comes to a crumbly texture.
Spoon filling into the ramekins and add crumble on top. Bake on a baking sheet for 40-45 minutes until the tops have browned and the juices are bubbly.
Boozy Peach Pops
(adopted from Shutter Bean)
- 2 yellow peaches, sliced
- 8 medium strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Cointreau
1. In a blender, blend orange juice, peaches, strawberries, vodka & Cointreau until well-blended.
2. Skim the froth off with a spoon and discard.
3. Fill the ice pop molds with the mixture about 3/4 full.
4. Chop the remaining 4 strawberries and place on top of each mold.
5. Place molds in the freezer for about an hour and then put the ice pop sticks in the molds.
6. Freeze for 12 hours before serving.
Grilled Peach Salad
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 firm, ripe peaches
- Salt and pepper
- mixed greens
1. In a blender, emulsify lemon juice, rosemary, olive oil, and garlic.
2. Cut peaches into thick wedges.
3. Season the peaches with salt and pepper and grill peaches on both sides.
4. Put grilled peaches on top of mixed greens and lightly toss with lemon vinaigrette.
Peach, Brie and Thyme Tart
- 1 semi-ripe peach
- 3 oz Brie
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 4 oz white wine
- canola oil
- 1 package phyllo dough
- melted butter
- mini muffin tins
Mini Phyllo Cups
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Layer phyllo sheets on top of each other while brushing melted butter in each layer.
3. Cut out 2″x2″ squares.
4. Line mini muffin tin with phyllo squares.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Once they are done, take out of the tins and let cool on a cooling rack.
1. Pit the peach and cut it into very small cubes.
2. Put a small amount of canola oil in a medium pan over med-hot heat. Add peaches. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add white wine. Keep pan over heat until it is thick enough to coat a spoon.
4. Fill bottom of the phyllo shells with brie and top off with peaches and thyme.
5. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes until the filling is warm and bubbly.
Peach Iced Tea
Makes one gallon
- 12 regular sized tea bags
- Fresh, filtered water
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 11.5 oz can of peach nectar – found in juice aisle
- 1 lemon
- 4 fresh peaches
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat and add tea bags.
2. Let tea steep for about 10 minutes.
3. Remove tea bags and add sugar to hot water, stir until dissolved.
4. Add baking soda and peach nectar and stir.
5. Pour tea mixture into large pitcher and stir in 10 cups of ice water.
6. Stir in 1-2 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
7. Add sliced, fresh peaches and serve over ice.
(can make boozy by adding Honey or Regular Bourbon)